General education courses are not narrowly focused nor are they directed toward a specific occupation or profession. Undergraduate program of California Central University includes 45 semester hours, with at least 3 semester hours, in each of the humanities/fine arts, behavioral/social sciences, and natural science/math.
1. Humanities/Fine arts 15 units
GD100 Introduction to Linguistics (3)
GD101 English Ⅰ (3)
GD104 Humanities (3)
GD201 English II (3)
GD240 Introduction to Psychology (3)
2. Behavioral/Social sciences 15 units
GD110 Introduction to Philosophy (3)
GD121 American History (3)
GD220 Introduction to Education (3)
GD230 Introduction to Logics (3)
GD381 American Politics (3)
3. Natural science/Math 15 units
GD231 Mathematics (3)
GD232 General Physics (3)
GD233 General Chemistry (3)
GD260 Introduction to Computer Application (3)
GD361 Computer Science (3)
Total 45 units
This institution is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree programs. To continue to offer degree programs, this institution must meet the following requirements:
• Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least one degree program.
• Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by July 1, 2017, and full accreditation by July 1, 2020.
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, it must:
• Stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
• Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
Institutional Representative Initials: Student Initials:
Date: Date: ”
(a) The student and an institutional representative shall initial and date the notice prior to executing an enrollment agreement. An initialed copy of the notice shall be given to the student and the original shall be retained in the enrolled student's records.
(b) The notice shall also be posted immediately preceding or following as to clearly pertain to the description of the degree program, including, but not limited to, one or more of the following; admissions requirements, length of program, courses offered or areas of focus. Such notice shall be included, at a minimum, in the following locations:
(1) The institution's catalog where each degree program is described.
(2) The institution's website where each degree program is described.
(3) The institution's degree program brochures.
Note: Authority cited: Sections 94877 and 94885.1, Education Code. Reference: Sections 94885, 94885.1, 94897, 94900, 94900.5, 94909, 94927.5 and 94932, Education Code.