- Comprehensive listings covering content relative to the degree programs offered at Makar James University. Below, please find a list of the various collections offered:
- The Gale PowerSearch platform offers comprehensive access to authoritative reference, periodical and primary source information. PowerSearch simplifies browsing through Gale's more than 20,000 publications, providing the ability to search across more than 150 million documents.
- Academic OneFile is a 2009 and 2008 CODiE Award Finalist for Best Online General Reference Service. Perfect for research libraries, graduate schools, universities and community colleges, Academic OneFile is a sophisticated, current and easy-to-use resource for extensive research. With millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full text, researchers are able to find accurate information quickly from over 14,000 titles.
- Researchers looking for practical farming tips or the latest scientific studies from agricultural research centers will find Agriculture Collection is the right place to “dig”. With a strong emphasis on full-text coverage of titles in the Agricola Index, Agriculture Collection comprises over 400 agricultural periodicals powered by InfoTrac as well as relevant, in-depth reference titles from Delmar, a part of Cengage Learning.
- Business Economics and Theory Collection includes over seven million articles, including coverage of Kiplinger Handbooks such as Retire Worry Free, Switching Careers, Making Money in Real Estate, Financing College and more. Researchers will also value the inclusion of exclusive video feeds from forbes.com highlighting current business news and interviews with CEO’s and entrepreneurs.
- Business and Company ASAP provides access to all the business and management journals, trade journals, newspapers and directories needed for in-depth research on companies, products, markets, industries, economics and management disciplines. It also provides full-text U.S. and international private and public company directory listings, and full-text PR Newswire releases on those corporations.
- Gale Business Insights: Global combines an international perspective and sophisticated research tools with convenient access to a range of comprehensive learning materials. Designed to move researchers quickly to higher levels of understanding and application, Gale Business Insights: Global uses case studies, statistical data sources, news articles, academic journals and topical reference materials organized by country, company and industry to quickly engage users in the global business environment.
- Communications and Mass Media Collection brings together information found in more than 250 journals. Nearly 3 million articles on all aspects of the communications field meet the needs of researchers, including:
Information technology specialists
Public relations professionals
Students aspiring to careers in communications
And many others
- Computer Database is a one-stop reference resource for up-to-date information on the world of high technology. With Computer Database, researchers can instantly access hundreds of today’s most well-read and influential periodicals in a single search. Featuring coverage from 1980 to the present, Computer Database is the perfect source for research on trends and innovations in the ever-changing world of technology.
Social science journals
Science and technology journals
National and global news sources
General interest magazines
- Covering practical business issues in every business-related area, General Business File ASAP integrates a wide variety of sources: local-area business titles such as Crain’s Detroit Business; national magazines such as Forbes and Inc.; trade journals like Tax Executive, full-text investment reports on thousands of private and public companies; full-text listings from Ward’s Business Directory; Graham and Whiteside™’s Major Companies of the World, full-text PR Newswire releases; and indexing of several major national newspapers.
- Gale's largest general interest periodical resource, General OneFile, provides periodical and news information through an intuitive, user-friendly search interface for researchers at all levels. Content includes more than 12,000 titles in all with nearly 30 years of coverage. General OneFile puts approximately 80 million (updated daily) records at users' fingertips with a single search query. General OneFile includes:
- More than 7,800 full-text titles and 3,600 refereed journals, and hundreds of newspapers
- Health & Wellness Resource Center offers access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia and much more. Perfect for researchers at all levels, this comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices.
- Created specifically for students, knowledgeable consumer health researchers and health care professionals, Health Reference Center Academic integrates millions of articles from a wide range of full-text nursing and allied health journals, newspapers, magazines, newsletters and select consumer health information sources with full-text reference works and hundreds of health-related multimedia. Health Reference Center Academic is the perfect resource for up-to-date information on the complete range of health care topics. With more than 2,000 full-text sources and hundreds of videos demonstrating medical procedures and live surgeries, Health Reference Center Academic ensures that researchers get current, scholarly, comprehensive answers to health care questions.
- Literature Resources from Gale contains more than 650,000 full-text articles, critical essays and reviews and biographies of more than 130,000 authors from antiquity to today and thousands of continuously updated Web links, periodicals, images, audio and more. This collection also includes Modern Language Association (MLA) International Bibliography, with more than 2 million citations to journal articles, books and dissertations covering more than 80 years of publishing, with an additional 66,000 new citations added each year. Gale’s offering of the MLA International Bibliography includes the MLA Directory of Periodicals.
- With nearly 4.2 million articles, Nursing and Allied Health Collection comes to the rescue of nursing students, physician’s assistant students, and researchers in allied health fields who are looking for answers related to the specialized care, treatment and management of all sorts of patients. Details concerning nearly every kind of nursing application can be found, including:
Caring for AIDS patients
Dealing with accident and trauma victims
Supporting cardiovascular surgery
Giving emergency care
Providing neonatal care
Serving the elderly
Operating specialized equipment
And much more
- Nursing and Allied Health Collection brings together information found in 1,115 journals, with a strong emphasis on full text titles cited in CINAHL.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context provides balance and perspective to every controversy. Targeted arguments from recognized subject-matter experts complement authoritative reference and top media sources. From immigration to stem cells to texting-while-driving, Opposing Viewpoints in Context delivers 13,000+ pro/con views, 1,000+ court case overviews, and thousands more topic overviews, biographies and profiles. This highly relevant content contributes to the understanding and evaluation of hot debate topics.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center: Critical Thinking is an ingenious new way to help students develop the critical-thinking skills they need, while supporting their personal development and mastery of curricula. The new Critical Thinking module offers activities, assessments and tools that encourage students to interact with, argue about and analyze issues and concepts, encouraging the next step of learning, beyond rote memorization. Additionally, students can use Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center: Critical Thinking in a self-directed fashion, as a resource for group projects and in a classroom environment. Students will master core curriculum content and develop skills while engaging in the self-discovery of their opinions across a broad spectrum of issues. Based on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press® print series, Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center offers thousands of statistics, newspaper and magazine articles, images, primary source documents, Web site links, podcasts, and articles written by experts on a wide variety of current-event topics. Students love the easy access to some of the best sources of information available on today’s most controversial topics. Librarians appreciate how Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center: Critical Thinking represents a new vision for reference: a movement away from static resources toward a personalized learning experience. Educators value the rich, authoritative resources that supplement and amplify classroom teaching. Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center: Critical Thinking is 21st century reference for 21st century learners.
- Gale Group PROMT® is a multiple-industry database that provides broad, international coverage of companies, products, markets, and applied technologies for all industries. PROMT is comprised of abstracts and full-text records from the world's important trade and business journals, local newspapers, regional business publications, national and international business newspapers, industry newsletters, research studies, investment analysts' reports, corporate news releases, and corporate annual reports. PROMT abstracts and full-text records cover the international events and activities of public and private companies throughout the world.
- Based on the acclaimed Science Resource Center, the new Science in Context combines an eye-catching web-like user experience with a comprehensive selection of the finest science content available. Supporting high school curricula and university coursework, Science in Context features authoritative information for assignments and projects, and provides detailed coverage of popular subjects from obesity to endangered species. Science in Context features:
A media-rich selection of videos, audios, podcasts, images and interactives
Gale references including our most acclaimed science series, like Experiment Central
Curriculum-aligned content to aid educators and enhance student research
Full-text articles from national and global newspapers, magazines and journals